10.2.04

When a Search Engine Isn't Enough, Call a Librarian
Artikel i NY times der hylder alle de bibliotekariske kompetencer, som bruges ved kvalificeret informationssøgning. Godt at budskabet udbredes - det er der meget brug for.
Uddrag:
"Maybe they could have found the answer faster on Google, but who knows if it would be right?"
"When Google doesn't work, most people don't have a plan B - Librarians have lots of plan B's. We know when to go to a book, when to call someone, even when to go to Google."
"People forget that there's no filter on the Web"
"If I type a single word, like architecture. into Google, it's going to give me a mess," .... "I don't need information at that stage - I just need help defining my search."
Læs artiklen (gratis registrering hos NYtimes)


Ingen kommentarer: